Cat fun doesn't Cost the Earth

I've written before about building the cats a bunch of climbing areas within the catproof fence.   It helps to satisfy the cats need to explore to add new bits and pieces all the time.  I've seen a number of really beautiful cat runs, tunnels and 'catios', but I personally love the ability to change, add or remove features, or even whole sections of playground for the cats by using free materials.  Using reclaimed materials also means you're never quite sure what you'll get, so structures grow somewhat organically.  

I watch the cats and see what they like, and what they rarely use.   If they don't use something, I pull it apart and remake it, or add something to make it more appealing.  Sometimes it is width that's the problem, the inability to turn around on a structure that doesnt join somewhere else.   This can be fixed by building a new connector, or by replacing the skinny section.

Today, I picked up a nice haul of free timber from a local "inorganic collection" (a once per year rubbish collection of anything that isn't normally included in rubbish or recycling).  It will be fun to see what I can add with this lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cat Containment: The Commercial Options in New Zealand

World's Worst Cat Litter

Cats in Lockdown - COVID19 NZ