World's Worst Cat Litter

There's quite a few discussions on the qualities of various cat litter products, and even brands.  Some claim to be the world's best litter, and others the most frugal, or eco-friendly. 

I prefer the recycled paper litter myself, but was recently drawn (suckered) to try a small bag of a clumping litter.  Mainly because I had noticed a reasonable amount of dust coming off the paper litter, and we'd just had a scare with Lily's breathing (possible asthma).

So, I can now say without any fear of being contradicted that I have found the world's worst cat litter.  Woolworths clumping cat litter.  I"m not even sure it would pass the Consumer Guarantees Act for description, or product performance.


What makes it so bad?  Well, straight out of the bag it looks pretty good.  A small grained, grey litter with little or no dust. But it's all about the 'clumping' aint it... and this stuff doesn't clump in any way that I have seen before.  

It turns to grey sludge.  Grey, heavy, sticky sludge that ruins your litter scoop and clings to the litter tray.  It is like a cross between half set concrete and PVA glue! It is truly awful.

Now, there is a Woolworths 100% guarantee on the bag.  But for $4 for this small size trial I am really not going to search for the sales docket and go through the process of getting a refund.  Just put this down to experience, and warn the rest of you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cat Containment: The Commercial Options in New Zealand

Keeping cats safe Campaign